How can we play with legibility?
The aim we had set out was to create alphabets that were distressed or altered by the typeface itself or using shapes. Using a variety of different methods I produced these 6 outcomes.
Layering blue and white circles over top of the typeface to hopefully distract and create a burst bubble effect.
White lines vertical, horizontal and diagonally from left and right. I like the effect this created. It made me think of lightening glass.
I started out with a black alphabet then copied and pasted the same alphabet in white and flipped it upside down.
I used a red font then overlaid a darker red line and a white diagonal line. This was a strange experiment because it gave off a moire effect but the further away I stood from the piece the more clearly it read.
I experimented with the spiral tool. If I were to further this design I would try a smaller spiral on each character rather than laid across the entire alphabet.
I used three polar grid one in white and two in black to create this spiderweb. I like the bold effect this has.